Saturday, March 31, 2012

Louisville's Pitino reacts to Hall snub

NEW ORLEANS - Rick Pitino confirmed a Post report today that he has been informed that he will not be inducted Monday into the the Basketball Hall of Fame.

"I'm not bitter at all, I'm not upset at all," Pitino told The Post. "I appreciate them nominating me. . .I'm just focusing on these games. . .when I got the phone call, everybody was all excited 'cause they wanted to get the news. The worst part about not making it was not not making it (smile). The worst part about it was telling your wife and children you didn't make it."

Pitino, national champion in 1996 with Kentucky, and Louisville try to upset Big Bad Kentucky tomorrow night. It is his sixth Final Four appearance.

"I'm happy for the guys that did make it," Pitino said.

Rick Pitino, Pitino

Nypost.com

No comments:

Post a Comment